Name: Wilson “Walker” Shaw (Sullivan)
Alias: Walker Shaw, Walker, Ker (only tolerated by family and/or close friends. He will not respond otherwise.)
Breed: Lycan, if you want to be technical. He is a bit more willing to shift than Tea, but he prefers being human.
Mate: Currently, none. (Belle, eventually)
Family: Gwen “Galatea” Shaw (sister); Wilson Jonathan Holliday (nephew); Celestine Elizabeth Holliday (niece)
Personality: Walker grew up in his sisters shadow. In order to get his fathers’ attention, he developed a rather wicked sense of humor, which shows itself at the most inopportune times. He is a ladies man- quite a handsome man, and he uses this to his advantage.
However, he is loyal to a fault. He would cheerfully pump a man full of lead if they mess with someone he cares about. Being a former Peace Officer, he has a very strict moral code that he adheres to at all times. He is also a great animal-lover. He has been known to feed strays, take in an injured baby bird, etc.
Fighting Style: He avoids fights when and if he can, will break them up with his fists at all costs. He does carry a gun, however, and he can certainly use it. He is no quick-draw artist (in fact, to sister’s infamous man, he would no doubt be seen as slow and rather sloppy), but he can shoot what he aims at.
Special Abilities: Empath. Quite strongly. But he tries not to use it all the time.
Other Interesting Facts:
- Walker’s abilities can wreck havoc with him. If he uses it too much, or is not careful, he can put himself into a nervous breakdown. This has happened once, rendering him useless for several months, and it took everything Essie had to bring him back from it.
- Walker, like his sister, was born to doting, loving parents. His mother especially adored him, spoiling him shamelessly.
- When he was six, and his sister ten, their mother died of influenza. This devastated the entire family, driving Theron into a deep depression that lasted until his daughter was an adult, and beyond, even. Her death crushed young Walker, but his sister was able to stabilize him enough to keep him functioning normally.
- His sister abandoned him on her wedding day, fleeing the altar and a life of horrific beatings, to find the only man she had ever loved. He shattered, just as she had, the past several months coming to a head and throwing him into a nervous breakdown.
- At sixteen, he had enough of his father’s drunkenness, and left home. Like his sister, he went West, heading into the Dakotas.
- By eighteen, he was used to working the cow towns, and was sworn in as a Peace Officer, swearing to uphold the law, and to look out for those who could not look after themselves. He did a good job of it, too.
- By age twenty-three, he was on the trail of a woman known as Galatea Shaw. When he finally encountered her at the Silver Star, he had no clue he was looking at his sister. When he realized it, he found he could not bear the thought of her swinging, so he refused.
- Over the next few years, he tracked his sister’s movements, often following her when he could, keeping her safe.
- Several years later, he went back to Texas to handle some trouble. His sister happened to find him there, before lighting out of town before trouble could really escalate. He was grateful for that.
- Years later, he found the ex-madam and gambler together, still, and stayed with them, both out of love for his sister and a healthy amount of respect for Doc.