Updates: Forum Name Change & More

Dead threads from the Lounge, Notice, and Support/Feedback Boards

Moderator: Moderators

Updates: Forum Name Change & More

Postby Adrasteia on Sun May 06, 2007 3:57 am

I *had* an incredibly detailed post ready for a while, but I lost it and forgot everything I wanted to say, so a shortened version will have to do.

Some [minor] updates that were long overdue:

1. Moderator attitude. Work in progress. [I had more, but that was geared more towards a rant that was brought to our attention a while ago, and I can't remember all the spiffy things I had to say... just that, we're working on it (especially my attitude).]

2. The Basement
-- Formerly known as the "Spam" forum. After the mod team deliberated for many days, and due to the way things were going in that forum, it was agreed that the name itself was misleading.
A poll was created, and the members of the forum were given plenty of time to place their votes on a new name for the forum.
This forum will be auto-purged approximately every 20 days.

What this means: My journalism professor always told us, "Don't be married to any of your sentences." The reason is simple - any part of our articles could be changed or removed by the editor in order to fit the standard of the newspaper/magazine. I now tell you all the same thing, don't be married to ANYTHING you write in that forum. It is not meant for any serious discussion, and the focus of WolfWeb should not be placed on that area.
Mods -- that also means that no stickied topics will remain, so any notices that you've made must be copied over beforehand and placed elsewhere.

3. Signature & Avatars
As some of you already know, there have been some changes to the maximum size allowed for avatars [and if you aren't aware of it, I suggest you go reread the rules and resize your avvies as needed before you receive a PM from one of the moderators about it].

As far as signatures go, not much has been changed, but an amendment was made to address the issue of having text with images.

- Maximum allowable image size for an individual image is 500x150 pixels.

- Multiple signature images are allowed.

- The combined width of images (if being placed side by side) should not exceed 500 pixels.

- The combined height of images (if being placed one on top of another) should not exceed 150 pixels.

- Text phrases instead of, or in addition to, images are allowed, but font size and formatting should not be applied in such a way as to greatly increase the size of the signature section displayed in your forum posts.
** The maximum line count [regardless of whether or not you've used the maximum size limitations for signature images]: 2 lines of text. That includes spaces.[/size]

Examples (my sig):
Line 1 blahblahblahblah
Line 2 blahblahblahblah

And the same goes for:
Line 1 blahblahblahblah
Line 2 blahblahblahblah

.//Di te ament
.//Di te ament
Modding Color.

Adrasteia
Forum Admin
Forum Admin

Return to Shades of the Past - Lounge, etc.