Interview Room ~ Cross ~ Starts: 26 October/06

Dead threads from the Lounge, Notice, and Support/Feedback Boards

Moderator: Moderators

Re: ~ Cross ~ Starts: 26 October/06

Postby Cross on Sun Jan 25, 2009 11:35 am

I hope I don't get in trouble for posting this, but I was wondering when we could finish my interview?
Under Investigation of the K-IA.
Cross
Alpha

Postby Wolfsbane on Wed Feb 25, 2009 10:43 am

Hmmmmm....... things have possibly changed a bit since this interview was officially started. And Ms. Trin-Butt-Kicker certainly did a very fine job of holding my boot straps up in the interim.
* claps enthusiastically *
But, our heroic gal has since seemingly departed to spend quite a bit of her own unexpected time in 'Lurkville'. And, unless my reading ability has seriously been compromised by the all the superlative material I've consumed in reading over the years on Wolf Web RP? Well, Da' Crossai has six - count 'em folks! - SIX questions left to go in this interview. :D
And...... since I did get this show rolling, 'once upon a time'? Let's see just how far (downhill?) we can roll this thing, hmmmmmm? Shall we begin then, Mizzzz Cross?

:twisted: :twisted: "Bwahahaahhaahhaaa!!" :twisted: :twisted:

* Carefully adjusts high-wattage light bulb over Cross's head....... - smiles beatifically *

8) I, for one am quite confident in stating that you write very well. And, I've noted over the years that as you've matured, so has your style, and the complexity of your written content. What has been the single biggest factor that you can say has definitely influenced you in writing? Has it been your involvement in RP? Or, something else?
- - DARK MASTER - -
Wolfsbane
Advisor

Postby Cross on Fri Feb 27, 2009 10:08 am

Glad to see you back, my dear enemy.
While I was thrilled to have Trinkey fill yer shoes, there's no substitute for good ol' Bane.

Answer: There is no single factor that explains the way I rp, but there are many influences and aspirations that have pushed me to the limit of my abilities; that have moved me so much I've reciprocated my whole style to connect better with character's I rp, and those I rp with.

I haven't been on the computer lately, so I immerse myself in books when I feel the need to rp. Christipher Paolini has caught my attention with his Eragon series. I've just finished book three, Brisingr. It's so...wonderful, beautiful...filled with all the qualities I lack. Other writer's I've been studying are Issac Asimov, King and Koontz, and I read a book a few months back called Fire Bringer, but I don't remember the writer's name. They have all been a great help when I'm at a loss for creativity.

Here on wolfweb? Too many people to name cross my mind...but you? You stick out like a sore paw, and there's no way anyone would, or could, deny your influence on everyone here. Hands down, you are the biggest influence on my rp style since I resurrected Cross. Cross gaining the True Demon blood was based on your character Wolfsbane taking Cerberus's. An idea - or plot rather - I plan to stick with, no matter what you toss at the vampire's. All these years I've been watching you nothing has changed, and in a way, that's a good thing.
But for once?
Just for once, I want to squish you to a pulp with one of MY plotlines; one of MY evil attempts to control the Realm of Wolves, I want to be the one inspiring, not being inspired.

And o you? I take my furry paw and salute. May our yin-yang-like control over the realm never end, and we never run out of idea's to piss the other off. Metaphorically speaking, that is.
[;
Cross
Alpha

Re:

Postby Wolfsbane on Sun Mar 01, 2009 4:12 pm

Now now.... before we all carried away with this, and too far into the Cross festivities.
I must pull up ol' question numbah SEVEN from the Trin Meister here, and see what Crossai' has got as an answer for us:

Trinity wrote:Aww... man, and good times COULD HAVE been had, if only the Trinster had got up the gas money to drive two and half hours south!! DRRAAT! We shall have to plot a gathering sometime!! :wink:

And NOW... for Diabolical Question Numbaaaahhh...

7) What are three of the most interesting/strange character flaws/quirks you've embedded into your awesome characters? Did you come up with the idea to begin with, or did they just kind of... happen?

-
"Well now, Cross? Whatcha' got for us, with this one?"
- - DARK MASTER - -
Wolfsbane
Advisor

Re: Re:

Postby Cross on Mon Mar 02, 2009 11:35 am

Teh 'Bane wrote:-
"Well now, Cross? Whatcha' got for us, with this one?"

Us?
~eyes surrounding area for those tell-tale wisps of WS entrails~

Answer

My first character, ahem, flaw.. would be Cross's OCD behavior. I've become accustom to disseminating his presence all over the Realm. Mostly it's cause - as a person of the real world - I have to leave the net for prolonged periods of time. I have no steady schedule, so it's a good explanation for why he's always missing from his RP duties.

The second would be my Fiery Hell's narcissism[she loves herself WAY too much]. She doesn't like ugly creatures no matter HOW useful they would/could be..OH, and she hates males. Yup.

And lastly...
Opal is allergic to fish, and salty things. He can't eat certain meats. Ha, not as awesome as most other's, but it's certainly entertaining to RP.
Cross
Alpha

Postby Wolfsbane on Mon Mar 02, 2009 1:00 pm

*Looks around also, to see what Cross is looking for. Shrugs*

Character development is part and parcel to what makes someone's writing interesting, and most of all - accessible - to those reading your posts. Your character Cross, was always portrayed as involved in things with a rather unique, personal perspective on what was happening. One reason why there's such a big ol' Cross fan club out there, maybe?

*Considers idea for next, silk screened Cross 'action tee'*

Ahhhh, so you mentioned me old dodger, Arc Fire, back there. So, you TOO had one of those *ahem* CACODAEMONS, also?!!! Cool! That was a while back, and if I remember it right, good ol' Arc was interested in taking down a nasty little tribe of demon babies that blew in to Wolf Web a notch or two. Our good lady Kozmo was definitely in the thick of it - but, our boy felt that things just weren't quite 'cricket' with the whole deal. So, he started recruiting established members in an RP'ed effort to basically kind of 'defend' Wolf Web or something from these newbies.
Our first little test scrap with those bad-azzzz, nifty little Caco's sent BALROG, and his little friends into hissy fits, I guess.

*"Wha.....? Ya' can't handle da' Demon Lance, punk?!!!"*

I remember it ending and being wound up as all sort of embarrassing, actually.......... :oops:

Ahhh well, speaking of demons?

9) Besides the short lived (embarrassing?) Cacodaemon adventure, have you RP'd any other members of the evil demonkind as characters? If not, how 'bout the flip side of the coin? Any Angel characters in the Crossai' past out there?
- - DARK MASTER - -
Wolfsbane
Advisor

Postby Cross on Tue Mar 03, 2009 8:43 am

Oh my! I can't believe someone else remembers that.
~does a little Cross dance~
See, I wasn't sure if it was you or not, cause I know your style reflects his a LOT. I was also confused about the whole deal. Not rping a wolf?! RIDING something?? Lance - wuut?

I didn't read much of his writing, but I got captured when the thread between Balrog and Pura came up[what was it called when he took her soul? he had an orb or something..details?]. I wanted to RP with him, but I was too much of a newb-boob to say anything...

Answer: Once upon a time, I rp'd a Kozmo pup. I don't remember her name[silver, something], but I know it was her first litter.

Of the demonkind, none. Unless..., you consider when I first joined wolfweb. Cross was originally a demonwolf. He went to save Shinny's meal[or steal it], and she killed him. Haha.
I had one of Vapored_Air's character's resurrect him later on, that's when he took Death_Angel on as his mate and Cursed_Soul turned him into a vampire.
Cross
Alpha

Postby Wolfsbane on Tue Mar 03, 2009 12:05 pm

Whew...... I honestly cannot remember what ol' Arc did to poor little Pura, to rend and tear her soul like that. Who knows, maybe it was an orb or something......
The man scared ME at times with his relentless drive and seemingly endless creativity, when at his diabolical, RPing labors. :shock:

* Stares off into space - then comes back with 'start!'. Affixes the undead, vampiric object of his attention with a searing, baleful gaze of soul-withering intensity *

"Hmmmmm.... now WHERE were we, Cross?"

* Passes a pink tongue across overlong, razor sharp fangs *

Oh yesssss...... That would be question number:

10) Over the years, the depth and intensity that I've noted you've portrayed and played your characters with has been one of your most compelling traits as a writer. There HAS to be just a little bit of, YOU, in one, some, or possibly ALL of these Wolf Web characters, right? Which of these (important) characters of yours, which have 'gone the distance' would give us some clues as to your RL personality and life?
- - DARK MASTER - -
Wolfsbane
Advisor

Postby Cross on Wed Mar 11, 2009 4:01 am

~stares back; unblinking...though quite a bit restless...~

I believe, you've already got some idea of whom that charrie might be...what with all those questions I've been pummeling you with.
HA.
~brow quirk~
I don't think you can handle it.

Answer:
Firstly, I'd like to thank you. It's harder for me to write than you might think.

Secondly, yes. There's always a little something of me, or something I, as a real person, like in all of my character's. And who would you guess besides Cross, that I would answer for?
We all know about Cross, maybe a little TOO much for your, or anyone elses, liking.
Sooo..I'll be commenting on my little Silvie[Silver Rain], instead.

As you know, he was Dani's little fluffball first. I don't know whether she couldn't keep up with him, or if she was just looking to get more history with him by having another rp'er take him in. Either way, I'm very fond of my Hellhound[yes, Hellhound.].
I started him off as a pup, of course, cause that's what he was. Over the years I sort of rp'd him out how I was handling the world. I've got my own issues playing around in my mind, and sometimes it's easy to see how much 'growing-up' I've still got ahead of me.
His dependence on Shinny reflects my own dependence of the computer, and old friends I still won't get rid of - but should.

There's a lot more that could be said, but I fear I've gotten too intimate for my liking.
~blushblush~
Cross
Alpha

Postby Wolfsbane on Wed Mar 11, 2009 11:42 am

Awwwww....... check you out. And, here I thought that big, bad and brassy ol' Cross was gonna be all 'too cool for school' for us, in this thing? :P
Nope.... Definitely gotta respect the WORD, and intent in those last remarks. All about giving some of those fans of yours that have of come to love and appreciate Cross over the years, just a little glimpse of some mysterious inner workings?
So, how 'bout a little different direction? Most writers have a deep interest in reading. There are certain books, styles and literary genres that sometimes really just seem to inspire, People Who Write.... And that brings us to, numbahhhh:

11) Are there any published writers out there in 'Book World', that the Crossai' REALLY likes? If so....... and, let's imagine you won the Incredible Novelists Magic Mystery Prize in a contest or sumpin', and the grand prize was to participate in a one-on-one, RP'd Wolf Web thread with the Novelist/Writer of your choice! Well then......
WHO would you choose to RP in that thread with, and most importantly - WHY?
- - DARK MASTER - -
Wolfsbane
Advisor

Postby Cross on Mon Mar 16, 2009 9:21 am

~cracks knuckles, vertebrae, neck, and the like~
Always trying to place that thinking cap straight over my face, huh? It's cruel, cold, HORRIBLE.. a thousand deaths I tell yah!

Answer: Since I won the "Incredible Novelists Magic Mystery Prize", I choose Jack London without a doubt[Paolini came in close, close second.]. A lot of people would have chosen him simply for writing "Call of the Wild" or "White Fang", not I. Long ago - when I was just a wee lass - my father let me read "To Build a Fire" and "A Thousand Deaths"[woo, creep-ay]. I remember having to keep a dictionary on hand every time I read the latter. Not such a bad thing, but it was incredibly bulky and awkward carrying around school..
~bookworm~
>>
<<

It'd be interesting to see how London's style fit into our Realm. I definitely forego my love for vamp rp and pull a regular ol' TimberWolf out of my ass, considering that one.
~pats Cross~ Not that I don't love you, my sweet. ~hears low rumbling growl...scoots a tad closer to Mr. Bane.~
So!
Yes, yes..a one on one RP with Jack is a sweet, delectable dream. I could see him conquering half the Realm in no time. Sheer luck, you ask? Certainly not. He's calculating, creative, consistent, capable of planning an invasion..any other C-words I've left out? Clever.
Absolutely stimulating to the mind.
Bah.
All these unfinished sentences don't sum him up enough, in my opinion.

To put it simply: He rules.
Cross
Alpha

Postby Wolfsbane on Tue Mar 17, 2009 10:54 am

Wow Crossai, Jack London is an awesome choice! :D

And indeed, many critics consider him to be America's finest novelist. I personally believe that there are many aspects of his writing style that have never been surpassed.
Ahhhhh..... but Crossai? ONLY a mere thousand deaths for me? Why surely you can promise better than that, hmmmmm? Tut tut tut...... Lessee here, since I've now got that scratchy ol' thinkin' cap clamped down on you? And..... I'm REALLY digging all these thought conniptions yer' putting up for us?!!!
:twisted: *grin* :twisted:
How 'bout question:

12) So..... despite the fact that you've stated your willingness to RP a Timberwolf with Jack London, (And even risk THE WRATH of your alter ego? Yikes!!) let's say for 'conniptions sake', that ol' Gentleman Jack demurs your offer to just simply put up a T-Wolf thread on Wolf Web for his convenience. In fact, he's become QUITE insistent it seems, (It's those Jack London PM's man..... whew!) that YOU must choose your - EXISTING - Wolf Web character of choice in this one-on-one RP thread, AND your choice of type and breed of character, that you'd like Jack to play in this thread opposite you.
And........ since he's a little new to the dark and twisted, creative mind of The Crossai? (Unlike us - we've been INDOCTRINATED, I tell ya'....) He wants you to build the scene and the context of where this little RP'd venue will occur. (oh my......).
So, give give there 'plot grrrrrrlllllll'! (Hypothetically, of course!) What wouldja' plan out in an RP'd thread for just you and Jack London to play in?
- - DARK MASTER - -
Wolfsbane
Advisor

Postby Cross on Fri Apr 10, 2009 10:56 am

I haven't forgotten about you, you've just momentarily stumped me. I will edit this when I deem my reply worthy.
[=
Cross
Alpha

Postby Wolfsbane on Sun Apr 12, 2009 10:23 am

It lives!!!

You can rob me...
...you can starve me,
you can beat me,
and you can kill me...

-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-

...just don't bore me.

- By: Tom Highway, HEARTBREAK RIDGE -
-

Definitely looking forward to your response on this one, Crossai! Stumped? Ahhhhhhhh now....... it's just that I KNOW that the legions of fans in the CVA, (Cross's Vampire Army) ain't gonna settle for 'Cross Lite', in this here interview.
(Tastes great - but, undeniably less filling?)
No sirrah, young'n!
And no....... that certainly weren't no 'easy one', I rolled atcha' to answer there girl. :twisted:
- - DARK MASTER - -
Wolfsbane
Advisor

Previous

Return to Shades of the Past - Lounge, etc.