Names taken list update?

Give us your feedback about this web site and/or suggestions on making it better! This is also the forum to place any and all account/site/forum questions for support.
Newly registered members can login with the guest account & post questions while awaiting their account activation. Login: Guest, pw: 4Wolves

Moderators: Kozmo, Advisors, Moderators

Names Taken Update?

Yes, I think your idea!
25%
Yes, but I have my own idea!( Post below)
25%
Don't care either way
No votes
No, it does not need to be changed
50%

Total votes : 4

Names taken list update?

Postby Unoma on Fri Dec 30, 2011 5:03 pm

So, I was looking at the Names taken thread and it's kind of just a big ol' clutter and since we trying to reorganize a bit I figured maybe we could do an update?

Talking to the others in the chat, I think perhaps instead of listing the Characters Alphabetically we could do it by Players Alphabetically and then list their characters beside their names. What if you are looking for a certain name, you ask? Well, as dear Lefi showed you can always use CRTL+F to bring up a search bar! I think it will organize it a bit better and make it easier for newcomers to look through. Not only give a better idea of how many players there actually are compared to how many characters there are.

Just an idea! If you have a better one I wanna know!

Edit: I don't care to be the one who writes it up for everyone to look at. Or at least an example.
Appearance has changed. I need to update this!!!
Unoma
Beta

Re: Names taken list update?

Postby Lefitte on Wed Jan 04, 2012 9:20 pm

I like having both ideas put up. A mass names - alphabetically list and a User - alphabetically list because there are synonyms so you might look up a name you want to use, but what if there's another name that's a letter off. For example, I was thinking of using 'Drella' as a name and then remembered there was a 'Drell' here and decided otherwise.

The User List could be like this:
[*] Deumus - Arella, Broken, Deumus, Gekai, ShadowIceStorn, Taluke, Unoma
[*] Lefitte - Ashen Atrophy, AsshiAsunder, Brise, Creature, Dorei, Dropsy, Illyria, Jecca, Kunzyte, Mercy, Seraphym, Shinzou, Somiihdtay, Tempest Lyght, Tsuchi, Verlain
Sadly prone to Absence. Modding color :: Normal color.
Activity :: Here! Cleaning things up and shipping out plots!
Lefitte

Postby wolflover on Thu Jan 05, 2012 7:47 pm

I don't really think it needs to be changed. I like the alphabetical listing, and I feel like putting it the other way focuses a lot on the member instead of the name. I don't know. Seems like it's a list of who has what character instead of a list of names that people are using. If that makes sense.
Mod color

Only WW e-mail: wolflover.wolfweb@gmail.com
Personal e-mail (checked more often): kjwyatt89@gmail.com
wolflover

Postby Lefitte on Thu Jan 05, 2012 7:56 pm

Yeah, it would be a list of who plays what. Looking at it that way makes it a little bit different.
Sadly prone to Absence. Modding color :: Normal color.
Activity :: Here! Cleaning things up and shipping out plots!
Lefitte

Postby Unoma on Fri Jan 06, 2012 8:03 am

I see what you are saying Wolfie, about it being used to look for names and not really about the player. I just think the way it is know, is kind of...cluttered and makes it a little bit more difficult to wade through the mass.

We can't really do clean ups, for people would protest against name deletion ( just in case anyone comes back) but it's a huge list and I know some of those names could be used again by other players( Overly common names or very inactive character.)

I'm really just trying to brainstorm to find a way to make it a little bit more user friendly and easier to go through.

I feel like I'm rambling...
Appearance has changed. I need to update this!!!
Unoma
Beta

Postby wolflover on Sat Jan 07, 2012 6:25 am

Well... I dunno. It doesn't look cluttered to me. Simply because I know there are a lot of names and I like things in alphabetical order. Besides, it shouldn't be that hard to wade through now.

Because like you were saying CTRL+F.

To me the only thing that makes it look slightly strange is the length of Emmer's first post. If anything we could shorten that and take out all the "Translation of above" things and just state it the last way that seems to make sense to most people. But you'd have to talk to her about that.
Mod color

Only WW e-mail: wolflover.wolfweb@gmail.com
Personal e-mail (checked more often): kjwyatt89@gmail.com
wolflover

Return to Site Feedback & Support