Who is up for changes?

Give us your feedback about this web site and/or suggestions on making it better! This is also the forum to place any and all account/site/forum questions for support.
Newly registered members can login with the guest account & post questions while awaiting their account activation. Login: Guest, pw: 4Wolves

Moderators: Kozmo, Moderators, Advisors

Should we add a "Non-Realm" RP section?

Yes
60%
No
40%

Total votes : 15

Re: Who is up for changes?

Postby EbonyDove on Wed Mar 10, 2010 9:33 am

*pokes her nose in*

I'd vote in favor of a "non-Realm" / "Open Area" / "General Wolf RP" section of the forum (which, as previously noted, is not necessarily vet/newbie segregation). From what I can tell, "The Realm" plotline/universe is big enough to warrant having its own section anyway...hell, an entire phpBB board could be dedicated to it alone. ;)

*re-lurks*
Providing WolfWeb with quality lurker services since 2001.
EbonyDove
Omega
Omega

Postby Wolfblade on Wed Mar 10, 2010 9:38 am

Hehe well I stand corrected because I can't seem to relocate the post that had rather the rather imposing rules on character creation.!...The way a certain part was phrased just seemed intimidating to me (as an RPer) because it seemed so limiting "everything is under the realm, even if neutral, cannot be outside of it, therefore chars cannot be as powerful as ___ etc" or something along those lines that just struck me as unwelcoming loll

Of course I understand that the Realm didn't come into being out of nothing, and it's been built up by the efforts of many creative minds, and in no way am I claiming that you should allow a person to come in and suddenly become super powerful and rule over everyone just by creating a character, but the thought that a char you create can't go higher then a certain glass ceiling (again, just been the way the rules were said/stated which gave me that impression..) wasn't very encouraging.

Though now that you've clarified this, I guess characters are allowed to work their way up through RPing, so apologies for any hard feelings :oops: I really do enjoy reading the plots from the archives =.= and I can see the work that went into develop the plots and the characters!!

Anyways, a section for general RPing would still be appreciated since provides a visual sort of orientation and context for a place to start off :).

-WB
Wolfblade
Omega
Omega

Postby Unoma on Wed Mar 10, 2010 9:44 am

I agree on the Non-Realm section. I believe it would organize a lot of things and give people more room to explore their creativity.

I should have put up a poll when making this thread. Hm.

And the rules that we have, well we kind of created those ourselves as well so they probably can be confusing and not perfect. Which is why we suggested an update and perhaps an little better explaination of things within the rules.

I'm willing to...tweak it some if no one has any problems with that.
Appearance has changed. I need to update this!!!
Unoma
Beta

Postby EM on Sun Mar 14, 2010 1:35 pm

Have you tried editing your first post to include a poll? If you don't see that option, I may be able to do it for you.
EM
Forum Admin
Forum Admin

Postby Unoma on Mon Mar 15, 2010 6:22 am

It won't let me add a poll. See if you can?
Unoma
Beta

Postby EM on Mon Mar 15, 2010 9:42 am

Topic new and improved... it now comes with a poll.
EM
Forum Admin
Forum Admin

Postby Unoma on Mon Mar 15, 2010 11:22 am

Thanks a bunch EMnessoflove.
Unoma
Beta

Postby Lefitte on Mon Mar 15, 2010 11:48 am

I like the new and improved thread!

Wolfblade; Thank you for your input! It's very insightful to hear the opinions of someone who was on the original site and is now returning. It really is.
I believe that there are a few places that state that you can't achieve higher than certain points, like Cerberus is the highest evil, and I agree with you there that we should reword things. I think it should should more possible to do because I don't think it's out of the question if someone were to do it right to get even more powerful than Cerberus but it would have to be done just right and be done for YEARS and YEARS to achieve that kind of respect and power. We could explain it like that.

I've already said I wanted a separate board for the Realm. <3
Sadly prone to Absence. Modding color :: Normal color.
Activity :: Here! Cleaning things up and shipping out plots!
Lefitte

Postby SilverRain on Tue Mar 16, 2010 8:45 am

BigFatHead wrote:Well, yeah. That's why nothing ever happens here.

"OH LAWDY WOLFSBANE ISN'T AROUND, LET'S DO NOTHING!"

"OH LAWDY, WHERE'S CROSSAI? NAW, LET'S JUST WAIT 5 YEARS."

No offense to the aforementioned. You are both excellent role players and all that jazz, but I think it's stupid to procrastinate.

I haven't seen Cursed Soul flying around the Realm, herding all the vampires together..aaaand...you're gone even more than I am, so nyeh. ;]

BigFatHead wrote:
Just you people wait, I'm doing something right now and I'm gonna make everyone mad and Rp at me... and... I'M ENTERING YOUR PRIVATE THREADS, I DON'T EVEN CARE.

Bring it, grrrl.

--

Anyways.

Maybe I'm the only person who thinks GTXs seperate RP forum was a good idea. It just jumps out at me screaming yes. There are other forums for us to talk to "newbs" in, there's a chat, there's PM's, and there's also the fact that there really aren't that many "newbs" here in the first place, which makes the whole idea mute anyways...o___o;

-cough-

I could help with the time-line, but as with Dani it'd be mostly on the vampires part. I could tell you a whole bunch about the BBA, too, also, and aside.... =D Oh and definitely Elementals. I got everything you need to know about them crammed in this tiny brain here.
"Computers in the future may weigh no more than 1.5 tons."
Popular Mechanics, forecasting the relentless march of science, 1949
SilverRain
Omega
Omega

Postby EM on Tue Mar 16, 2010 11:52 am

We've suggested a 2nd RP forum before, years and years ago. Some people wanted it to be a newbie forum, others wanted it to be a Non-Realm forum. And it was, overall, shot down.
EM
Forum Admin
Forum Admin

Postby Unoma on Tue Mar 16, 2010 12:21 pm

I say just non-realm. Not a newbie section. A newbie section may be taken the wrong way.

Right now it seems a few people are for a Non-realm section. Hopefully more people will vote and we can get this settled.
Unoma
Beta

Postby SilverRain on Tue Mar 16, 2010 1:02 pm

Well seeing as there's no votes for no, and there's no anger really coming from the peanut gallery, why not? I've voted yes, yes, yes...and if I could've voted more I would've said yes, yes, yes again.
"Computers in the future may weigh no more than 1.5 tons."
Popular Mechanics, forecasting the relentless march of science, 1949
SilverRain
Omega
Omega

Postby EM on Tue Mar 16, 2010 1:45 pm

Crossai... You ARE the peanut gallery.

Hardee-harr-harrrrrr
*snicker*
EM
Forum Admin
Forum Admin

Postby Cross on Tue Mar 16, 2010 1:51 pm

Lul, my point exactly. -not angry-

But on the 4 rlz note, there should be a stickied thread where we can summarize(sp?), correct, and help each other with certain parts of the time-line. Maybe in the History forum??
Under Investigation of the K-IA.
Cross
Alpha

Postby Shinny on Sat Mar 27, 2010 10:19 am

StupidFaceGirl wrote:
I haven't seen Cursed Soul flying around the Realm, herding all the vampires together..aaaand...you're gone even more than I am, so nyeh. ;]

I go in and out of activity, as for the past year, due to medical reasons and classes. Now that thing's have calmed down and I'm taking a more easy treatment, all is well.

But.... the reason I don't role play CS or Alameda is because it's too much. Last time I RPed CS the thread was in Wolfsbane's, and that was because I was going to save the vampires from Vivid Peril's mess up. Wolfsbane went inactive and so there was no reason to post as her anymore.

Anyway, I've been thinking for a long time that Alameda should be given to someone else. She's not per say the Goddess of Light, but the embodiment of her. There's some link that elaborates all her abilities, but I'd prefer to give her to a newer person, to be honest. Newer people are actually active.

Whereas for Cursed Soul, I wouldn't mind putting her into action, but anything I wind up doing will have Wolfsbane messing it up once he comes back from inactivity. It'd completely take a sh*t on plots.

ANDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDD I think that's it.

BTW, that wasn't me taking a jab at you. Whenever you go inactive, everyone just stops role playing their vampires because you're like the planet they orbit around. No one really depends on any of my characters. Wolfsbane wraps everyone up in huge plot lines then disappears. Et cetera, et cetera.

ps. ur gay
Shinny
Omega
Omega

PreviousNext

Return to Site Feedback & Support