WHY has my picture been locked?

Give us your feedback about this web site and/or suggestions on making it better! This is also the forum to place any and all account/site/forum questions for support.
Newly registered members can login with the guest account & post questions while awaiting their account activation. Login: Guest, pw: 4Wolves

Moderators: Kozmo, Moderators, Advisors

Postby RainbowChaser on Sat May 03, 2008 2:24 pm

I was a little confused by the title at first because I thought (this being a pro-wolf site) that it was the wolves doing the hunting, not being hunted. I saw this thread before the actual art thread, so needless to say I was a little... bewildered at first. <<

In my opinion? The art is not graphic, which does not violate any rules I'm aware of. My question is, however, that if it had been a badger or a fox or anything of that sort instead of a wolf, would we have really paid it any mind?

And I realize this is a pro-wolf site, but the picture itself could just as much display the prowess and power of a wolf (you can't really tell from the scene whether it is the dogs or the wolf who have the advantage) as it could the gruesome reality of wolf hunting. I think it's very beautiful, and that yes, the image itself leaves much to be imagined. No one can anticipate what an artist was thinking when they drew their pictures, but I doubt that this one was meant to incite an argument.

Aside from that, the Artist Lounge doesn't state that anything must be wolf-specific in content, much less pro-wolf specific in content. Personally, I think that giving wolves human qualities in art (anthromorphic, but not in all cases, mind) is an insult to the natural splendor of a wolf and defiles its image in my eyes, but that's a pointless argument because people will keep on drawing what they want no matter what I think. It all comes down to personal opinion and open-mindedness.

I get the point of why it was locked, and I know that under the circumstances some people -could- take it the wrong way, but that's no fault of the artist or even the art itself. I kind of ride the fence with this one... I know mods were only trying to prevent flaming, but at the same time, I think that with the attention it's merited now, it's more likely to draw negative feedback than it was to begin with if it was unlocked at this point.
RainbowChaser
Beta

Postby Unoma on Sun May 04, 2008 10:08 am

I really don't see why Dark had to be punished( in a sense) because others may flame. Shouldn't the flamers be the ones who are punished? I don't think Dark did anything wrong I have seen pictures on here before of a wolf fighting another wolf. Is that ok then? Since they are both wolves? I don't think it should have been locked. Just because some people can't have an open mind and have to act like they are four, does that mean we can express ourselves? Or is it we just can't express ourselves in ways that others may not like? If that is the case then why is this site still up and running? I don't mean to get on anyones bad side, but honestly, how many times have have each of you been annoyed by someones rping style? But us vets have to calm and cool and tolerate it. Why can't they tolerate that picture? I just don't think it was right.
Appearance has changed. I need to update this!!!
Unoma
Beta

Postby Firewolf on Sun May 04, 2008 11:35 am

Well then, I guess I should explain myself since I am getting the blame for DH's picture getting locked.

I never wanted it to get locked. I just made a comment that maybe shouldn't have been made and therefore ended with his thread getting locked.

I admit that the comment was uncalled for. If he wants to post pictures of wolves being hunted so be it. I'll just stay out of it from now on.
Firewolf
Alpha

Postby Cross on Sun May 04, 2008 11:40 am

I, myself, have no problem with the picture/drawing. I've posted my opinion about it on DA, and got a kind response.

I believe Ambeh mentioned something about wolf-drawings in her comment, but I may as well throw in my thoughts since I'm posting anyhow.

I personally don't see anything wrong with it. There've been many artists, including myself, who've put up pictures far worse than Dark, depicting images of our character's getting mauled by other wolves/character's and there hasn't been mention of this being a 'pro-wolf forum' before.

Not to start anything, of course. >> Just throwing it out there.
Under Investigation of the K-IA.
Cross
Alpha

Postby Cerberus on Mon May 05, 2008 3:13 pm

The thread has been unlocked to allow for commenting. If it gets out of hand (which I doubt, after all this publicity, lol), it will be locked again.

I don't think there is really anything left to say on the issue since all that there is to say has been said and repeated. I'll leave this topic open in case anyone wants to add a final word, but I'm pretty sure we're all just beating a dead horse now. Apologies are all accepted all around.
All Hail The Queen of Evil
cerberus.wolfweb@gmail.com
Cerberus
Advisor

Postby Dark-Hyena on Wed May 07, 2008 3:01 am

Thank you very much
There is now a growing band of us, who came to the African bush with all our prejudices, with all that 'common knowledge' about hyenas which proved so totally wrong, and who just fell for the spell of animals which were so totally different- Hans Kruuk
Dark-Hyena
Omega
Omega

Previous

Return to Site Feedback & Support