Activating Accounts

Give us your feedback about this web site and/or suggestions on making it better! This is also the forum to place any and all account/site/forum questions for support.
Newly registered members can login with the guest account & post questions while awaiting their account activation. Login: Guest, pw: 4Wolves

Moderators: Kozmo, Moderators, Advisors

Activating Accounts

Postby Firewolf on Tue Feb 19, 2008 3:39 am

How can we have a new account if it won't be activated till God knows when? Used to be we could activate it ourselves...now we must wait for the admins to activate it for us. I liked the old way better lol.
Firewolf
Alpha

Re: Activating Accounts

Postby Sharona on Tue Feb 19, 2008 3:51 am

Firewolf wrote:How can we have a new account if it won't be activated till God knows when? Used to be we could activate it ourselves...now we must wait for the admins to activate it for us. I liked the old way better lol.

Unfortunately, with the onslaught of Bots to the site it has to be that way :wink:

Sharona

You've Got To Learn To Live With What You Can't Rise Above!!
Sharona

Postby DarkIceWind on Thu Feb 21, 2008 11:34 am

Yeah. This is the only way for Adra to keep the bots from posting. We can't stop them from signing up but if she activates accounts herself, none of the nasty bots can get in.

Which means we don't have to worry about a mod being on constantly.
There's something about you now I can't quite figure out; Everything she does is beautiful, everything she does is right...
DarkIceWind
Omega
Omega

Postby Adrasteia on Wed Mar 05, 2008 7:19 am

! Sorry for the late response to this thread but things have been a little hectic on my end - I'm in my last semester of college and have been buried with schoolwork and looking for a job and apartment...
That is no excuse, really.

I apologize for the delays in activation, but I get so many emails that it takes a while for me to sort through which accounts are real and which are bots. I have no idea why we started getting so many more bots registering than before. It takes a while, but I do get to activating each account that is real.

It's the best way we can deal with the bots right now, and all I can tell you is that if you make a new account and want it to get approved right away, please PM me/email/IM me on your main account with the username you created and I'll get it activated right that moment if I'm online. If I'm away from the computer, fret not because I *will* get to it immediately if I know exactly which one it is.

Thank you for your patience and if you have any questions, let me know.

.//Di te ament
.//Di te ament
Modding Color.

Adrasteia
Forum Admin
Forum Admin

Return to Site Feedback & Support