I can only post occasionally...

Give us your feedback about this web site and/or suggestions on making it better! This is also the forum to place any and all account/site/forum questions for support.
Newly registered members can login with the guest account & post questions while awaiting their account activation. Login: Guest, pw: 4Wolves

Moderators: Kozmo, Advisors, Moderators

I can only post occasionally...

Postby Wolf_runt on Sun Jan 06, 2008 6:16 pm

It won't let me send private messages or post on forums. I try to ask what to do but it won't do anything other than say "Invalid session. Please resubmit form." It bothers me and severley limits what I can do on wolf web. My account is Wolf_Runt and I've been on WW for a while, but this is making it hard. Is this a common tech problem?
Wolf_runt
Beta

Location: Screaming in the dark, but no one's there and I can't tell if anyone cares. ~Operetta~

Postby GTX on Sun Jan 06, 2008 6:30 pm

If you have Internet Explorer, click on "Tools" at the top of the browser.

Go to "Internet Options".

Click on the "Security" tab at the top of the dialog box.

Click the "Trust Sites" icon, then click "Sites" which is down and to the right a little.

In there, under the "Add this website to the zone", if Wolf Web is already listed there, click "Add". If not, type it in. If it comes up with an error, make sure "Require Server Verification (https:) for all sites in this zone" is UNchecked.

Click "Close"

Click on the "Privacy" tab.

In the middle you'll see 4 boxes to choose from. Click "Advanced"

Check "Override automatic cookie handling" and also check "Always allow session cookies".

Click "Ok", then click "Apply"

-----------------
Why this happens

It seems as though your security settings in your browser is denying access to Wolf Web in some way, most likely with the Cookies. The cookies are there to tell Wolf Web that you're logged in. If Wolf Web cannot make those cookie files, then Wolf Web does not know that you are logged in, and the WW server assumes that you logged off or you session became invalid.

By setting Wolf Web to the "Trusted Sites", it basically tells Internet Explorer to accept anything and everything coming from Wolf Web to execute.

Enabling the override on the cookies and checking "Allow Session Cookies" means that, no matter what the Cookie security settings are, the system will ALWAYS allow Session Cookies to be saved.

Worth a try.
I need a new sig.
GTX
Advisor

Postby Wolf_runt on Sun Jan 06, 2008 6:44 pm

My internet explorer doesn't work, I have an AOL browser. I also log out a lot too. It says i'm logged in.
Wolf_runt
Beta

Location: Screaming in the dark, but no one's there and I can't tell if anyone cares. ~Operetta~

Return to Site Feedback & Support