WW Hacked - Mainly for Admins and Mods of WW

Dead threads from the Lounge, Notice, and Support/Feedback Boards

Moderator: Moderators

WW Hacked - Mainly for Admins and Mods of WW

Postby Demon Wolf on Thu Sep 06, 2007 3:17 pm

I know this is going to sound odd, but I think there's something you guys should know about this whole hacked deal. I know a couple of people, I can't say who for their own protection, mine as well, who know 2 of the hackers, I'm just going to call them John and Sara. Anyway, I knew John used to be a hacker, so I asked him what he thought of the 'hacked' message I got when I tried to get on WW.

John says that he knows two of the hackers listed on that screen and that he'll check into the situation with their "boss" so to speak. I can't name him either. I know this sounds odd since I'm not mentioning any names, but I don't want these guys coming after me. I know what they can do. Anyway, he said what they're doing is they are searching for a certain group of people on WW who are using the site as a cover operation for some illegal activity - that could be anyone. They are collecting IP addresses, Sara said, to find these people by hacking into their computers - no, they aren't doing it randomly. They're only targeting users they have a good reason to suspect.

John said to beware of ticking them off - there is NO firewall that is going to stop this group. John and Sara think they're part of a group working for the government, which is why they have so much access to people's computers, but they might not be, too - they could be doing this on their own time. Even if they appear to be gone, don't trust it for a while - they are professional hackers.

Keep in mind I'm only passing along what I'm getting from John and Sara, people. I'll try to keep everyone updated as I learn more, but I'm not sure when I'll hear more on this. If anyone has questions about this, let me know and I'll ask John about them if I can't answer them. I'm not trying to scare anyone, I'm just sharing what I know and giving you the facts I'm getting.

-Demon
Last edited by Demon Wolf on Thu Sep 06, 2007 3:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Demon Wolf
Omega
Omega

Location: Adel, IA, USA Also known as "out int he bookdocks". :D

Postby EM on Thu Sep 06, 2007 3:25 pm

Ummm... none of that really makes much sense.
EM
Forum Admin
Forum Admin

Postby Demon Wolf on Thu Sep 06, 2007 3:29 pm

Sorry. What doesn't make sense?

-demon
Demon Wolf
Omega
Omega

Postby GTX on Thu Sep 06, 2007 3:32 pm

www.clan-fallenangels.com

Tell them to go for it.
I need a new sig.
GTX
Advisor

Postby EM on Thu Sep 06, 2007 3:33 pm

The explanation doesn't make sense.
EM
Forum Admin
Forum Admin

Postby Demon Wolf on Thu Sep 06, 2007 3:39 pm

GTX said:
Tell them to go for it.

Huh? The other site or to nail the morons messing with WW? I'm not talking to these people, anyway. *shudders* heard too many unpleasent things about 'The Tek' and another hacker :( ...I'd rather not run the risk of having my computer go 'BOOM', lol

Besides, they're reading all this anyway, so....

-Demon
Demon Wolf
Omega
Omega

Postby GTX on Thu Sep 06, 2007 4:02 pm

Meh, I figured the hackers could mess with my site.

Why? Because there's two types of hackers in this world: Hackers, and Crackers.

One of which will spend their time wisely, and usually professionaly, and get paid for it.

The other are just kids who get their rocks off by messing with other people's sites.

Am I worried that one day, I may be hacked and lose everything I've ever worked for, everything I've collected over the years, and everything I've ever done and saved to help people out with things?

Yeah.

But hey. When I bought my first computer and went to school for 6 years in a computer related field, I understand the risks involved. It would suck if, say, all my hard drives were deleted or something. Sure. But hey, at least I'll have all that space to start over again, eh?

And it's not like they can touch the tape backups or DVDs.... well... I would at LEAST hope none of them show up at my door... That would just be... akward...

Oddly enough, I wouldn't be surprised if someone was watching me type this. I've been hacked before. Dummy me left my VNC unattended once... and the freakin thing said there WAS a password, but I guess not... or someone got around it. Either way, it was cool watching someone move the mouse around.

Ah well.

I'd love to learn how to do what they do as well, just for the sake of knowing it.

What can ya do, eh?
I need a new sig.
GTX
Advisor

Postby EbonyDove on Fri Sep 07, 2007 8:58 am

Eh, if some random hacker dude is watching me type this, I am curious as to why you'd infiltrate WW in search of specific people, yet make it blatantly obvious in the process? Why put "hacked by X" complete with music, unless for the purpose of showing off? (I do like the music though...makes it more interesting) <3

...or perhaps you want them to know that you're after them? Either way, I fail to see how hacking the main page helps accomplish your mission - there are more subtle ways of obtaining IP addresses, are there not?

Ah well, perhaps there are tactics afoot that I'm ignorant of, but in any case, the explanation (as it currently stands) doesn't make much sense to me either. :?:
Ah well...it wasn't the first time WW was hacked and I doubt it'll be the last. C'est la vie. :wink:
Providing WolfWeb with quality lurker services since 2001.
EbonyDove
Omega
Omega

Postby Demon Wolf on Fri Sep 07, 2007 12:05 pm

My thought is that they are trying to scare them out/ off the site. That's only my guess, but...these are professional hackers who are getting paid to do stuff like this, so I really am not sure...for all I know they could very well have accounts here on WW and already have a good idea who these people are.

-Demon
Demon Wolf
Omega
Omega

Postby Shade on Fri Sep 07, 2007 1:16 pm

This makes about as much sense as drinking salt water in the desert.
May the light shine always soft and warm upon you,
may the breeze carry you the scents and sounds of eternal Spring,
just as my heart will dwell forever in Autumn without you,
and the bell that tolls for me will ever ring.
Shade
Alpha

Postby Unoma on Sat Sep 08, 2007 6:50 am

Actually hacking a family site is better stupid if they are looking for anything illegal. Honestly, it is a wolf information and roleplay site! Everything you said about the illegal part just kind of made me laugh.

To many other site's actually DO have illegal things and this just isn't one of them. If they took one look around the forums they would see that. Especially since cussing isn't really allowed much and stuff like that.

Ok, so I don't believe you. So give me another reason.

If your next reason is one that has to do with foolish kids who have to much time on their hands or perhaps hold grudges against a few people on wolfweb and could only hack the front page because they are inexperienced.. I might believe that one.
Appearance has changed. I need to update this!!!
Unoma
Beta

Postby Demon Wolf on Mon Sep 10, 2007 4:50 am

I'm not going to keep on with this as the group hacking now is no one I have any info on...just checked on it 2 minutes ago. But anyway, John said you would never know it was there if you didn't have the right IP number or codes or something like that...I tried to tell him that i thought he was wrong and that was the explanation he gave me. Besides, it makes sense to me why they'd use a family site; you don't expect them to use one. As I said though, I'm done here. I just sent him a text message and he said John said he doesn't know anything about the new hackers.

-Demon
Demon Wolf
Omega
Omega

Postby GTX on Mon Sep 10, 2007 11:08 am

My site is still fine... :)
I need a new sig.
GTX
Advisor

Postby Trinity on Mon Sep 10, 2007 11:34 am

I think Demon's full of crap. :D
Trinity
Beta

Postby silentmoon on Mon Sep 10, 2007 2:24 pm

Trinity wrote:I think Demon's full of crap. :D

*pets the Trinneh-Luffs*

Yeah, so do I. I can't say I know any hackers, but my Aunt took a look and said it was morons that didn't have any better time on their hands.

Soo..
silentmoon
Alpha

Next

Return to Shades of the Past - Lounge, etc.