Rubber Duckies

Give us your feedback about this web site and/or suggestions on making it better! This is also the forum to place any and all account/site/forum questions for support.
Newly registered members can login with the guest account & post questions while awaiting their account activation. Login: Guest, pw: 4Wolves

Moderators: Kozmo, Advisors, Moderators

Rubber Duckies

Postby adriannahowl on Mon Aug 27, 2007 6:23 am

I've noticed today that on all character sheets here, the section "Schmex"(had to put it like that so it wouldn't say rubber duckies) has all been changed to rubber duckies.

I just want to know if this is an error in the system, a hacker, or is purposly there.
OHMYWURD!
adriannahowl
Beta

Postby EM on Mon Aug 27, 2007 6:43 am

I thought we were only using *** in place of filtered words. I've brought this to the attn of the mod staff. I don't think "rubber duckies" is right.
EM

Postby Cerberus on Mon Aug 27, 2007 7:15 am

Feel free to type around the filter, but for now, its staying there. Nothing against you guys at all...its the bots.

The purpose of nonsense words in place of stars is because with stars, one can still read what the word was supposed to be. With nonsense instead of stars, the mesage, at the very least, will be nonsense in itself. If we just replaced it with stars, that would sorta defeat the whole purpose of trying to thwart these bots and trolls (especially the trolls) in any way we can. :/

s-e-x was the only "mainstream" word filtered; the other ones are words our members shouldn't be posting anyways. >.>

Sorry for any trouble this causes, but honestly, it only takes you a few seconds to change that to "gender." :/ I think a few extra minutes of editing your posts is a small price to pay; you guys just have to bare with us until we figure out how to stop all this crap from invading WW. You guys don't see this, but we are deleting a whole bunch of bots and trolls every...single...day. >.<

PS: When the surge of p-o-r-n bots goes down, I'll remove s-e-x from the filter...but until then, its one of the most widely used words by the p-o-r-n bots and is in practically every title.
Last edited by Cerberus on Mon Aug 27, 2007 7:21 am, edited 1 time in total.
All Hail The Queen of Evil
cerberus.wolfweb@gmail.com
Cerberus
Advisor

Postby adriannahowl on Mon Aug 27, 2007 7:19 am

Okay, just wondering. Thanx for answering.
OHMYWURD!
adriannahowl
Beta

Postby Cerberus on Mon Aug 27, 2007 7:22 am

No prob...just bare with us. xD We've never had an invasion quite this bad before. Its so bad, that we've all got each other's cell numbers just in case. x____x

We really really appreciate the patience. ^_^
Cerberus
Advisor

Postby EM on Mon Aug 27, 2007 8:18 am

In the meantime, use the word "gender" in place of you know what for your profiles.
EM

Postby Pride on Mon Aug 27, 2007 8:54 am

I just noticed and I thought someone hacked my account -whew- I feel better now.. So it has been removed for reasons on people using it immaturely or what??

I will just change it to Gender for now, but atleast instead of "Rubber Duckies," it could say, "***," I mean it's annoying, but there is no reason to whine about it I guess.
ImageImage Lady Sov is so cool!
Pride
BANNED.

Postby Cerberus on Mon Aug 27, 2007 9:01 am

Feel free to type around the filter, but for now, its staying there. Nothing against you guys at all...its the bots.

The purpose of nonsense words in place of stars is because with stars, one can still read what the word was supposed to be. With nonsense instead of stars, the mesage, at the very least, will be nonsense in itself. If we just replaced it with stars, that would sorta defeat the whole purpose of trying to thwart these bots and trolls (especially the trolls) in any way we can. :/

Probably should read the explanation post first. :/
Cerberus
Advisor

Postby Pride on Mon Aug 27, 2007 9:05 am

Sorry but why couldn't you have just changed it to gender so everyone didn't have to go through and redo it all...
Pride
BANNED.

Postby EM on Mon Aug 27, 2007 9:43 am

I don't know if you've noticed, Pride, but we've had a MASSIVE invasion of p-o-r-n trolls. They keep coming and posting all sorts of nasty crap. And I mean NASTY. If you haven't noticed, then I applaud the mod staff's diligence in the CONSTANT cleanup efforts we've been having to endure so you don't HAVE to see the trollish posts.

So tell me what's funnier:
"free Optimus Prime rubber duckies"
or
"free Optimus Prime gender"

I'm sorry that you are going to have to put in a bit extra effort to change a single word in probably less than ten posts in the character profile section.
EM

Postby Pride on Mon Aug 27, 2007 9:53 am

ugh... sorry. I can't believe people are so bored with their lives that even post/or look at that nasty crap... it's trash.... that is so upsetting that we change that because people don't have lives.
Pride
BANNED.

Postby saya on Mon Aug 27, 2007 12:55 pm

OMFG! EM you are a mod you shouldn't be giving Pride crap! She was only wandering why? I am going to keep Gender up! I am Sick and tired of mods crap anymore but not lefftie and etc.. But you don't have to right to be so mean to pirde! Why don't we be nice?? :evil:
Listen to her,Support her!
saya
BANNED.

Postby Pride on Mon Aug 27, 2007 12:59 pm

Thanks Saya, I so apprectiate it.
And I totally agree.... Leftie is just wonderful, and some other Mods. are rude and inconsetient.
Pride
BANNED.

Postby saya on Mon Aug 27, 2007 1:00 pm

Ha-ha No problem!
But its true!
Listen to her,Support her!
saya
BANNED.

Postby Kia-ci on Mon Aug 27, 2007 1:01 pm

WHOA, Saya.
I think you need to back off a little. EM was doing absolutely nothing wrong. Pride (and Adri) asked a question, their question was answered... I don't see where you get off bashing the Mods. They are doing their job just fine and neither EM nor Cerby were doing anything wrong. :/ I think you need to have a little respect for the mods and the job they are doing. No one was giving anyone crap, save for you just now. And me to you, it seems.
Last edited by Kia-ci on Mon Aug 27, 2007 1:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Yeah, but can you spell it?
Kia-ci
Alpha

Next

Return to Site Feedback & Support