[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: date() [function.date]: It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'UTC' for 'UTC/0.0/no DST' instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: getdate() [function.getdate]: It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'UTC' for 'UTC/0.0/no DST' instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4505: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4507: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4508: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4509: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
Wolf Web • View topic - A Bridge to Somewhere (Open)

A Bridge to Somewhere (Open)

Dead / inactive RP threads go here

Moderator: RP Moderators

A Bridge to Somewhere (Open)

Postby hiydon on Wed Dec 24, 2008 12:13 pm

A blue tinted wolf sat on the bank of a river deep in some forest. The forest had a light mist in the air, but one could still see fairly well. The sound of birds calling echoed from the tall trees.

This wolf enjoyed listening to their songs. That, combined with the sound of the running tiver, relaxed him. The whole forest seemed in a euphoric, perhaps arcane, state of being. Fish swam, minding their own business, in the river. The presence of Odias, the wolf, did not startle them. Odias visited this river every morning for about an hour, just listening to the birdsong and the rushing river. He had never been to the other side, for he could not cross the large river without being drowned, and the arcane sense only increased as he drew nearer.

Odias looked across the river, longing to cross someday. Suddenly, he heard a massive crash, and a tree near the river upstream falls into the river. It was one of the ancient trees, and therefore very tall. Being so tall, it formed a sort of bridge across the river. Odias sat and pondered the thought of after 5 years of longing to cross, he finally could.
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
hiydon
Beta

Re: A Bridge to Somewhere (Open)

Postby adriannahowl on Mon Dec 29, 2008 3:39 am

Sleek, white fur weaved in and out of trees as the creature progressed forward to an unknown destination. Truthfully, Vivia was running off her anger. She couldn't stand the daytime, often putting her in a awful mood that chased people away. That was what kept her from being part of a pack, from being part of something bigger than herself.

And it was that very thought that plagued her on this misty morning. The steady jangle of the bracelet and necklace she wore became like the beating of a drum, urging her forward. Go! Go! Run! Go! Maybe it was more of a hallucination than anything else. In Vivia's mind, anything could be everything it wasn't. The sudden sound of water distracted her from her run. Unable to stop fully, she ran smack into an old tree. But instead of the tree pushing back, as it should, it gave way to her, rumbling down and giving her a clear view of the river in front of her.

Involuntarily, her fur bristled and her nails dug in the bark in an attempt to stay on. She wasn't over the river, but she was already stinging from the impact of the tree. The sound still rang in her ears, but as it progressed, Vivia recognized it as a moan of her own. Just across the river, a blue-ish colored wolf stared longingly at the tree, as if it had just fell from the sky to furfill all his wishes. Well, whatever. If that was what he wanted to view her little impact as, then so be it. So long as he didn't bother her. She would only chase him away in her mood.
OHMYWURD!
adriannahowl
Beta

Postby hiydon on Mon Dec 29, 2008 1:18 pm

Odias watched as a wolf came from behind the fallen tree. Obviously it was her doing. He had tried that before, but never on an old tree such as the one now across the river.
He knew not her purpose for wanting to cross the river. Perhaps it was just curiosity, the same as his own.
He continued watching her as she crossed the log, and he realized that he should be doing the same. He ran, full speed, toward the log. Odias wouldn't let some stranger cross the river without him.

As he reached the log, he looked upon it with eager eyes. He took note of the stranger watching him. He pondered whether or not to introduce himself. He wanted no trouble with the stranger female, and would gladly steer clear of her in order to explore the other side of the river, the deep forest.

Odias began his trek across the log with intense happiness. His life's aspiration was coming true. Sure, it wasn't that great of a goal. In fact, Odias himself didn't know what pulled him toward the other side. But it was something.
The river ran under him. Fish swam downstream below it. He tried not to look down.

The leap from the log to the other side was monumental, at least to Odias. However, the feeling of satisfaction he was expecting had not come. He was only pulled harder to go deeper into the forest. Before continuing, he turned to the stranger wolf.
Hi, I'm Odias. No time to talk, though, I have to go deeper in the forest. You can come with me if you'd like. You wanna play chase? I love chase! Chase me!
Odias ran full speed deeper in the forest, expecting the stranger to chase him. He knew not what came over him to want to play chase, let alone with a STRANGER, but the words had flowed rhythmicly from him, as if they were meant to be.
As he continued, the fog got thicker with each step, an the amount of trees grew.
So, this is the deep forest...
hiydon
Beta

Postby adriannahowl on Mon Dec 29, 2008 3:01 pm

Vivia steadied herself from the fall, watching with wary eyes as the wolf began to head towards her. Every part of her stature seemed to scream at him not to come near, to let her be, but it appeared as though she would not get her wish. Which was just as well, because her rudeness could definately chase him away. The heat was beginning to break through the mist, and her white body shivered in anxiety. The day was here now, and there was no sending it away.

The necklace around her neck seemed to sense her anger and suddenly felt as if it were choking her. But of course it wasn't. The sunlight did horrible things to Vivia. She parted her lips to speak, but as she did, the brute brushed past her and began to cross the bridge without even bothering to speak to her. Well, what gave him that right? Certainly she had done nothing to encourage him, and he seemed set on crossing that darned river. The sudden thought had her pondering on what could possibly be on the other side of the river that had him enamored so to crossing it. An old fae of his? An abundance of food? Unmarked territory? The questions plagued Vivia until her curiousity got the best of her and she followed him across.

Really, crossing the river wasn't the best idea she'd had. First of all, the remains of the tree seemed unsteady and she was constantly pitching herself from side to side to keep from tipping her tenuous perch. By the time she had completely crossed, her coat was drenched from the cold river water and her curiousity had died with the cat. The blue tinted wolf seemed excited, but not yet satisfied, and it irritated her that he could not be satisfied in surviving the river. His eager voice carried over and annoyed her beyond belief. This Odias was not and should not expect a happy Vivia in the day time. It's just who she was. And she was not going to chase him. But she could kill his mood.

"No, I will not chase you..." Her words seemed to have been forgotten by the blue male. But, whatever. She would kill her mood and get some anger out at the same time. Slowly, she entered the thick, dense tree area into the mist. Inside, it seemed less like the daytime and it calmed her a bit. Using the scent trail that Odias left behind, Vivia set a slow, strolling pace after him.

OHMYWURD!
adriannahowl
Beta

Postby hiydon on Tue Dec 30, 2008 3:16 am

The pup inside of Odias seemed to have taken complete control. On a normal day, he would have avoided the female altogether. He would NEVER want to play with a stranger, especially one that looked as annoyed as that one.
As he ran deeper into the forest, the fog grew ever thicker. He kept running, dodging the ever-growing amount of trees. He eventually became tired, and he slowed to a trot. He had trouble breathing in the fog, and when he realized the stranger wasn't chasing him, he stopped.
Odias fell to the ground, tired. The heavy humidity made it difficult for him to breath, but as his heart stopped its massive amount of pounding, he could breath again. He licked a cut on his hind leg that he had received by scraping a tree. After a while, the blood stopped flowing.
The sense of happiness gradually decreased as time went by. He didn't see the female, and that bothered him. Did he scare her off? Did his pup-like act annoy her, to the point where she just got mad and left? He wished he hadn't done as he had. The one friend he could make after three lonely years, he just got rid of.
When he saw the wolfish figure in the fog, slowly walking towards him, his heart leapt for joy. Perhaps things would be okay, perhaps he could make a friend, maybe even a mate. Hah. A mate. That thought was humorous to him.
He got up and walked towards her.
Sorry about earlier, I just don't know what came over me. This fog does tricks to your brain.
Anyway, I'm Odias. Pleased to meet you.
hiydon
Beta

Postby adriannahowl on Tue Dec 30, 2008 9:11 am

(OOC: Sorry I keep changing colors. I swear, I'll stick to gray from now on. And if you happen to have any plot ideas, lemme know. I'm up for anything with Vivia.)

Vivia quickened her pace from a stroll to a strut. The purpose? Simply because Vivia always felt like her mood showed better in her strut. 'Sides, Odias seemed to be running out of steam and she still hadn't gotten the proper opportunity to let him know she was not going to play with the puppy-like brute. And then he fell, as if by magic or maybe just Vivia's sheer will power.

"I believe you have already given me your name. However, I will not offer my own." She took a few steps closer to him, so she stood over him. It gave Vivia a sense of power, as if she had any. Odias could probably could over power her at his own will, if he so desired. But she doubted he would. He came across as a weakling.

Vivia had a sudden flash of an idea, which involved wrapping her thick teeth around his neck, but she was not a killer and would not give into the temptation. As much as it appealed to her, she would be guilty at night, when she was most herself.

(OOC Again: Sorry it's short, but my mind is rather elsewhere at the moment and I've got a huge list of things to do)
OHMYWURD!
adriannahowl
Beta

Postby hiydon on Wed Dec 31, 2008 2:49 am

(I think I have one in mind, but I'm still thinking about it. After they continue traveling through the deep forest, they come upon a utopia valley, where game is plentiful, the weather is always temperate, water is abundant, and no other wolves have inhabited.)

Odias looked up at the female. She seemed irritated, not just by Odias but by something else. Odias hoped to make her feel better. He didn't like to see others upset.
The forest was getting darker by the moment, and the fog seemed to be increasing. It was an eerie place to be, as one couldn't see much ahead of them. Odias got on his feet and looked around him. Nothing unusual, just darkness, he told himself. But the fog made it every spooky to him, as if some ghost would come out and get him at any moment.
But that was nonsense, an old tale his uncle would tell him if he was misbehaving.
He turned to the female.
Well, I didn't ask for your name. However, I hope we will soon become friends enough that you will trust me to give me your name. But it's your choice.
He felt something on his stomach. No, not on it, in it. Rumbling. He was hungry.
Odias went on a scent trail to look for food. After a few minutes, he caught the scent of a rabbit. He followed the trail, eventually spotting it at the base of a tree. He leapt forward and chased it, eventually pouncing on it and ending it's life. He ate a good chunk of it, and saved the rest to offer his new friend. At least the part he ate would tide him over for a few hours.
He carried the kill back to the female, and laid it in front of her.
You can have the rest, if you'd like. It's not much, but the big game around here has been dispersing recently.
hiydon
Beta

Return to Shades of the Past - Roleplay